Thursday, December 8, 2011

Tis' The Season

It is definitely Christmas time....


We received these beautiful Christmas cards in the mail the other day. I have not sent my cards out yet, but I will get them out in time for family and friends to enjoy them before Christmas.

We also received our Christmas presents from my dad and mom. They gave us a beautifully made quilt, shams and bed skirt. The quilt is large enough to cover the bed down to the skirt. They are usually way too short for my taste. Number One and I do not have to wrestle each other for the covers at night.



I have some lovely quilts. The ones that I cherish the most have been given to us by our loved ones. I love to look at them and remember back to the different times in our lives. I praise God for our blessings of family and friends. We miss the ones who have gone ahead of us to be with the Lord.

This is the time of the year when we celebrate the blessings of our Dear Savior's birth. It seems that this time of the year can be consumed with lights, decorations and the busyness of buying presents. If you find yourself overwhelmed with tasks, just remember the reason "Christ" is in Christmas.....

I would like to urge everyone to give to those in need. Our tough economic times have taken a toll on the amount people have to give. It takes so much more for all of us to get by that there is not as much to give. Don't pass up the bell ringers. Dig in the bottom of your purse if you have to. Every penny counts...

Mark 12:41-43

Today's New International Version (TNIV)

The Widow’s Offering
 41 Jesus sat down opposite the place where the offerings were put and watched the crowd putting their money into the temple treasury. Many rich people threw in large amounts. 42 But a poor widow came and put in two very small copper coins, worth only a fraction of a penny.  43 Calling his disciples to him, Jesus said, “Truly I tell you, this poor widow has put more into the treasury than all the others.

No comments:

Post a Comment