Saturday, November 26, 2011

Thanksgiving Day Meals

Our Thanksgiving dinner was a modest rendition of the original, to say the least, without the bird. It was just the two of us, so we made what we had on hand. We usually travel to see friends and family this time of the year. This is the first time in years that we both have been home. You see, it's hunting season. It's that time of the year when Number One gets together with his hunting club and disappears for a week and then another and so on.
The bounty that he brings home provides us with wild healthy meat for a year or so. I like to make sausage out of the deer. Yummy! I like that he hunts. I keep the tenderloin and a few roasts in tact to make other dishes, but most of it is ground and turned into sausage at my leisure. It's a good feeling to have one's freezer full of a delicious healthy alternative to store bought feed lot hormone raging beef. I have noticed, in my neck of the woods, better beef choices at the stores.
                                                                                                                                                                                                         
                                            Sausage Pies
Pie Crust Recipe

Ingredients

Mixing the dough

Rolling out crust

Three X
I used three small pie shells

Ingredients: I used dehydrated bell peppers and homemade mozzarella from powdered milk

Eggs

Add ingredients to pie shells

Three X for me

Bake

Eat
To Be Continued..........

No comments:

Post a Comment

Homemade Electrolyte Sports Drink Mix