Monday, November 21, 2011

Writing, Prayers and Morning Tea

                      

           "I should have been  many great things", quoting from the movie "Little Women".  Josephine March was a pioneer in her day in women's writing. What would she have thought about blogging?
            I myself should have been many great things too. I love to write. I started writing poetry in high school where I published my first poem after winning a poetry contest in a magazine. It was a homework assignment for the class. I do not even have a copy of the poem.
            I was taught to journal in college. That's where my thoughts really started brewing. I journal to relieve stress. If I write about an issue it becomes clearer and I calm down before making a decision to act. Most of the time I do not need to act at all.




            Wouldn't the world be a better place if we all took the time to calm down before we took action? Sometimes my tongue is my weapon of choice instead of being humble. I speak before I think. I lash out. Then, when the damage is done, I feel so ashamed. I can't ever take those words back. They are out there continuing to do damage, after all, that's what they were made to do.
      
Proverbs 12:18
The words of the reckless pierce like swords, but the tongue of the wise brings healing.





              I enjoy myself thoroughly as I write and share my thoughts, experiences and faith. I hope my writings will encourage those who are seeking a different way of living in a world that can be harsh and overwhelming. I just keep trying to do my best everyday. I learn something new all the time.
              I don't mind living a different kind of life style that requires sacrificing some cushy comforts to have a more peaceful way of life. It requires hard work and discipline to maintain this way of life off the grid and just living in the wild west. It's work just to open and close gates, haul water and getting to work. We haven't even started raising animals or growing most of our own food yet. I look forward to doing these things too. I have grit now. I am  a stronger person physically and mentally.
              Prayer makes me a better person. I need to spend time with God. It grounds me. It gives me peace and direction. I am a better wife and servant when I seek the kingdom of God. Spend some time with God on your knees if you are in need of direction in your life. Be still and listen.....

Matthew 6:33

King James Version (KJV)

 33But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.



            Tea makes things better for me. It's energising  in the morning and relaxing in the afternoon. It gives me time to reflect in the morning on the things I need to accomplish for the day. I sip a cup in the afternoon while planning dinner. It calms my thoughts. What do you do to make things better?
















           
      

No comments:

Post a Comment

Trick To Save Money At The Dentist...