Friday, December 9, 2011

Live Food All Year Long!

There are many things you can do to eat healthy live food all year long for just pennies. One of the ways to do this is to sprout seeds, beans and grains. Add to breads, soups and salads to increase nutritional values.

I like alfalfa sprouts the most. I like to eat them as a side dish or as a salad. They are great on sandwiches too. When you soak beans to make them easier to cook it releases healthy enzymes. This too is a form of sprouting.

Only a few items are needed to get started.


Add warm water to 2 tbs alfalfa seeds. Soak overnight.

Sprouting jar lid

Drain and rinse twice a day.

Invert jar in a bowl and place in sunlight.

24 hours after soaking.

Day two

Day three

Day four

Day five

Rinse well and drain.

Yummy sprouts in just five days!

 Line a glass dish with a paper towel before adding sprouts.
This helps to keep the sprouts fresh.
 Store in refrigerator.

Storing seeds takes little effort. I store my seeds in glass jars in a cool dark place. About once a month I pour the seeds out into a clean dry measuring cup and then back into the storage jar. Repeat this step a couple of times to get air to the seeds. These seeds are at least five years old and grow just fine. I got a great deal on a five pound bag of alfalfa seeds. I didn't realize how long that would last two people or that they could get old. I probably have seeds that are ten years old or older. Some seeds can get old and will not sprout, so watch out for those good deals.

How much smaller is a mustard seed?


Matthew 13:30-32

King James Version (KJV)

 30Let both grow together until the harvest: and in the time of harvest I will say to the reapers, Gather ye together first the tares, and bind them in bundles to burn them: but gather the wheat into my barn.
 31Another parable put he forth unto them, saying, The kingdom of heaven is like to a grain of mustard seed, which a man took, and sowed in his field:
 32Which indeed is the least of all seeds: but when it is grown, it is the greatest among herbs, and becometh a tree, so that the birds of the air come and lodge in the branches thereof.

1 comment:

  1. I'm truly amazed at the things you do and so proud. I thank God for you.

    ReplyDelete

First Signs Of Spring...