Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Mary Had A Little Lamb...


It has been a long while since I was able to post. Things on blogger have changed and I have not figured it all out yet. Please forgive any spelling errors and alignment issues. I will try to figure it out.



By Mother Goose Mother Goose
Mary had a little lamb,
Its fleece was white as snow;
And everywhere that Mary went
The lamb was sure to go.

It followed her to school one day,
Which was against the rule;
It made the children laugh and play
To see a lamb at school.

And so the teacher turned it out,
But still it lingered near,
And waited patiently about
Till Mary did appear.

Why does the lamb love Mary so?
The eager children cry;
Why, Mary loves the lamb, you know,
The teacher did reply.
    We all remember this nursery rhyme from childhood, but have you ever asked yourself "why" the lamb followed Mary? Well, neither had I until this morning when I was doing my Bible study. Mary was a shepherdess. She tended to the lamb, loved the lamb, provided for the lamb's every need. The lamb knew her voice and was comforted by Mary's presence.
    We too have a great "Shepherd". The 23rd Psalm was writen by King David who himself was a shepherd of sheep and then the shepherd of God's people. David realized that he too had a greater Shepherd than himself who loved, provided, protected and guilded him through all kinds of landscapes in this world. 
    It makes sence to me now that the lamb wanted to be close to Mary. I too am a lamb who wants to be close to my Shepherd. I am comforted by His presence. I am provided for, protected, restored and most of all, loved. 
Psalm 23  
King James Version (KJV)
23 The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want.
He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside the still waters.
He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake.
Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me.
Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies: thou anointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over.
Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of the Lord for ever.
 
   
   
    Sometimes life makes it hard to hear our "Shepherd". Our ears grow dull to His voice due to
    all the noise of this world. We can become disoriented and even lost. Our Shepherd watches out for us. His ears never become dull to our crying out to Him. His eyes are never dim. 
    He seeks us wherever we are. Who is your shepherd?   

No comments:

Post a Comment

Homemade Electrolyte Sports Drink Mix