Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Pickling Eggs...



Boil or steam some eggs...


This is Stella, a 13 year old young pup that I was taking care of while her owner was away. I had lots of company while I was cooking and peeling the eggs.  

Have you ever wondered what to do with your left over dill pickle juice?

More company...


Peel your boiled or steamed eggs...

Add cooked and peeled eggs to your left over dill pickle juice. Make sure the eggs are fully covered with juice.

I also made pickled eggs using left over pickled beet juice. I used the same technique that I used with the left over dill pickle juice. I made a spicy version of pickled eggs using 2/3 c apple cider vinegar, 2/3 c water  and 2 oz of hot sauce for 1/ 2 dozen eggs. Let the eggs marinate in the fridge for at least two weeks before eating. The pickled eggs should last  up to 3 months or longer if stored properly.  

 
This is Evander, a hungry abandoned Llama that was also looking for a hand out. We have had amazing snow drifts this year that have covered up the grass most of the winter. Evander has never once come into our yard until this year. We picked him up some hay, so he wouldn't starve.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Homemade Electrolyte Sports Drink Mix