Monday, June 6, 2022

Smash Potatoes...Recipe...It's Not What You Think!!!

This is an easy recipe. You can use it as a side dish or main course. The potatoes can be cooked in advance and stored in the fridge. I use my electric pressure cooker or the Sun Oven to cook a batch of potatoes all at once. I love free power from the sun...


 You can use any type of potato that you prefer. I pick out my smallest potatoes to use in this recipe. 

Wash and rinse your potatoes. Do not peel. Boil until thoroughly cooked. In a skillet, heat up a small amount of oil on medium-high heat. 

Smash your potatoes and place them into the heated skillet. Salt and pepper to taste. Cook until crisp on both sides. Different seasonings can be used. 

I made a batch of homemade Beanie Weenies as our main course and used the smash potatoes as a side dish.

My potatoes are crisping up nicely.

I added bread and viola, we had a nice and easy meal with a fun game of Backgammon. 

On this occasion, we had smash potatoes cooked with taco seasonings for a Mexican flare. I topped the potatoes with cheese and I served them with a homemade burrito and a side salad with spicy tomatoes on top.

As you can see, these potatoes can be served with many different types of meals. Using Smash Potatoes for breakfast is a favorite of ours. Just use your imagination and change up your seasonings...

Enjoy,

Mrs. Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment

Copycat Wild Rice Blend Mix