Tuesday, February 27, 2024

Old World Apple Pie Coffee Cake - Failure?

I took this first picture about a week ago on a day that I was able to plan and prepare ingredients for baking the next day. That did not happen. Even though I was not up to baking today, I needed to use up these apples or they would be wasted. 


During my healing process I have been watching some really cool vlogs on cooking. This recipe looked so good, even though it was not in a language that I speak, the recipe was converted into English. I was grateful that the vlogger took the time to make the recipe easier to use by this conversion. WRONG!

As I prepared the apples and the crunchy bottom, I realized that something wasn't quite right. I started mixing the batter and it too was less than well, it was tasteless. I was able to save the ingredients by adding appropriate amounts of sugar, flour and spices. The only spice they managed to put in the recipe was salt.

I am unable to give you the correct recipe, because I had to keep adding ingredients until I thought it would taste good and bake correctly. And boy did it! It turned out delicious. Never to be duplicated again, unfortunately.






Life is like a bad recipe sometimes. You have to change course when things don't work out. Salvaging what is left.   

Mrs. Smith








No comments:

Post a Comment

Big Box Delivered Today!