Friday, March 8, 2024

Azure Standard - March Grocery Haul



We picked up a small grocery haul from Azure Standard for March. We purchased a larger amount in January during their sale, so we didn't need to purchase anything in February. I probably won't place an order in April. The trips, yes, I said trips, went well, only one close call, one wreck and we only witnessed one road rage incident. 

I ordered a 5 LB bag of organic kelp powder. It is an easy and inexpensive way to get the minerals we need from a natural source. This will last a very long time, since we will only use 1/4 teaspoon a day for both of us. The rest of the order is self-explanatory.  

We also received our Azure Cash from the last order we placed. It covered most of the shipping fee. We will probably only order every other month or quarterly from here on out to save on the cost of driving to our pick-up spot. It is well over a hundred miles round trip. I will also try to schedule grocery shopping and appointments around the pick-up times. This is easier said than done. We ended up having a six-hour layover in between my appointment with the oral surgeon and our pick-up time. We did our regular shopping, had our tires rotated and came back home. This cost us over $30 in extra fuel. UGH!!!

It was late when we got back home, so I didn't take pictures. I was tired, the new stitches in my mouth were hurting and I needed to get the frozen food put into the freezer. I made space when we got back home after the first trip, so it went smoothly. I also put up and packaged up our other groceries that we purchased. We don't have a large freezer, so our freezer space is limited. It all fit perfectly without any room to spare. We didn't buy a lot of groceries, but it was sure expensive. Every time we shop, we get less and less, and it costs more and more. We will still need to pick up fresh produce, milk and fuel about every other week or so. 

I don't care for shopping days although I am grateful to be able to buy groceries. Shopping days are usually long days. It's really tough when I can't find what's on the list. I then have to make on the spot substitutions or abandon my meal plans completely. This can blow up a budget fast. I was able to find everything this time even though I had to take a chance and drive across the city for one item that I couldn't do without nor substitute. It was a must have medical product. 

Traffic is always heavy, especially in the summer months. I despise the actions of tailgaters and driving bullies. Like tailgating is going to make someone go faster. These people are dangerous and only care about themselves. There were lots of patrol cars out on our route this time. This is unusual for this remote part of the county. All the highway and freeway signs warned of the impending snowstorm that was heading our way. So far, it has been a bust here at the ranch. 

It was worth the effort and overall, a nice uneventful trip for which I am grateful for. I am glad that I don't have to do it every week!


Blessings,

Mrs. Smith




Azure Market Organics Kelp Powder, OrganicHS614 - Azure Market Organics Kelp Powder, Organic
1 of 1 shipped @$35.01 each / 5 lb

$35.01


Azure Market Organics Sweet Potato, Diced, Frozen, OrganicFG1111 - Azure Market Organics Sweet Potato, Diced, Frozen, Organic
1 of 1 shipped @$12.53 each / 5 lb

$12.53


Azure Husbandry Cherries, Bing, Pitted, Frozen, TransitionalFG749 - Azure Husbandry Cherries, Bing, Pitted, Frozen, Transitional
1 of 1 shipped @$21.75 each / 5 lb

$21.75


Azure Market Organics Red Beets, Diced, Frozen, OrganicFG1117 - Azure Market Organics Red Beets, Diced, Frozen, Organic
1 of 1 shipped @$14.40 each / 5 lb

$14.40


Wildbrine Kimchi, Raw, Fermented, Korean StyleCO730 - Wildbrine Kimchi, Raw, Fermented, Korean Style
1 of 1 shipped @$22.40 each / 4 lb

$22.40


Product Subtotal: $106.09

Shipping: $9.02

Outstanding Credits and Balances

Azure Cash: $-6.26

Total to Charge: $108.85



No comments:

Post a Comment

Big Box Delivered Today!