Tuesday, March 19, 2024

Pikes Peak - Thrift Store Haul

We ran a little late yesterday getting to the closest post office before the mail went out on the truck, so we headed into town. Here is one of the beautiful sights that we saw on our way. We have visited Pikes Peak by car and by one of only two cog railways in the USA. 

They have yummy donuts and hot chocolate at the top. They also have a nice gift shop. It is an expensive ride either way you travel. You can still hike for free up to the top of the 14,115-foot-high mountain if you dare. It looks like the price has doubled since the last time we visited. The cog train and railway were closed for three years for repairs and updates. I must say, it is still worth the trip. 

We got to town just in time to fill up before the last gas station changed the price. The tanker was offloading its new load of fuel. The price increased by another .20 cents a gallon to $2.99. It gone up about .60 cents a gallon over the last three weeks. 

We also stopped by the thrift store. We haven't been there in quite a while. There was not one book there that interested me, but I did find several items that I was looking for. I found a $50 Williams Sonoma 18/10 stainless steel ladle, a $30 brand-new Thermos food jar, a brand-new glass shaker spice jar for my granulated sea kelp and a $15 galvanized metal napkin holder all for $10. 

I can take these items off my list now. I have one more item on my wish list. I would really like a one-gallon fermentation crock like the one below for small batch fermenting. I don't need it, but I would sure like to have one. 

 



We put out cones at the end of our driveway to keep delivery drivers from getting stuck. We have a delivery coming today. The last time this company delivered to us in the snow, they got stuck and tore up our driveway. We couldn't get out because the road was blocked to pull him out. Number One Husband actually drove the vehicle out after the driver did a lot of digging. When the snow starts to melt in the sun, it becomes very slick and muddy. The bald tires on the truck did not help the situation. 


Just a little side note, I feel so much better today! Praise God!

Shalom,

Mrs. Smith
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Homemade Electrolyte Sports Drink Mix