Tuesday, March 19, 2024

Easy Chocolate Chunk Cranberry Pecan Cookies...


I created this recipe from a half box of chocolate cake mix. I used the other half for something else. I can't remember what. Maybe I just made a small cake. I saw the half empty box on the shelf and thought to myself, what am I going to do with this?

Number One Husband is a fan of chocolate, but me, not so much. I do like chocolate with things like cranberries, nuts or coconut. So, I went for it. They turned out perfectly. Here is the recipe using a whole box of cake mix. Divide the recipe if you want.

Easy Chocolate Chunk Cranberry Pecan Cookies

Makes 2 dozen cookies

1 Box Chocolate Cake Mix

1/2 C Crisco

2 Eggs

1 C Chocolate Chips

1 C Dried Cranberries

1 Cup Raw Pecans, chopped

Directions:

Preheat oven to 375 degrees. In a mixing bowl, combine cake mix, Crisco and eggs. Dough will be stiff. Add chocolate chips, cranberries, and chopped pecans. Mix well. Drop dough by the spoonful onto parchment lined baking sheet. Bake for 10-12 minutes. Remove cookies from baking sheet and cool on a wire rack. 

Notes: 

Do not over bake. 

Use any kind of nuts or dried fruit that you prefer. 

I used Pilsbury Traditional Chocolate Cake Mix (Was $1 at Walmart)


Enjoy!

Mrs. Smith


No comments:

Post a Comment

Homemade Electrolyte Sports Drink Mix