Thursday, January 26, 2012

What Goes in......



What you watch on the "Boob Tube" (my dad's term for the T.V.) I believe can affect you spiritually, physically and even financially. I have seen Number One reacting to the news in a very unhealthy way. I myself have had my moments too.

Most of the sitcoms now are so full of trash that I can't stomach them. They have pushed the " moral envelope" right out the door. Anything goes, anymore. I find myself watching shows like the Walton's and Little House On The Prairie. These shows are favorites of mine. I can watch them over and over.




These shows depict the struggles of families during hard financial times. I believe that we can learn a lot from their struggles and how they overcame them. It makes your heart happy to see them overcome their circumstances with their families in tact.

We have gone many years without  T.V. for entertainment and were better off for it. We have been tossing the idea around again to turn it off. We have been moving away from the new programs to programs that don't offend our senses. Just remember, that we have the power to turn off the power or change the channel.

Every year we hope to enjoy the new programing, but it just gets worse instead of better. We are down to a few choices and we have access to them online. I guess I just made up my mind.

So, if you find yourself feeling anxious, fearful, lazy or spiritually compromised watch what you are letting into your life, it may be affecting what's coming out of your life.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Azure Standard - May Order Preview