Wednesday, August 11, 2021

If Life Were A Map....


In Arkansas there is a road called "The Pig Trail". It's known for it's horseshoe turns. You know the kind where it feels like the head and tail end of your car could almost touch. Life can feel that way too. In fact,  If life were a map it would be unreadable for the most part. Navigating it would be next to impossible. There may be a reason that we cannot see the future. We would never go.

I have been saying lately that God must get a kick out of our best laid plans. I actually announced the other morning that it was all about me this morning. Number One looked at me like I had three heads. This should have been my first clue that I was on a goat path which is way worse than a pig trail. I just wanted to have my tea in seclusion and study a bit before I left for an early morning appointment. Ha! In the car on my way to my appointment I had a lot of apologizing to do to God for such a statement. I asked for forgiveness for my selfish behavior, my attitude when my plans didn't work out and laughed about the stopped up toilet for the fifth time in less than two weeks. God obviously had other plans to get my attention, to check my attitude and to show me His plans for my day. 

My life was completely disrupted about five years ago. This has sent me down some bad roads and pig trails that were so bad that I couldn't even blog anymore. Something that I loved to do. I was lost on those roads. I lost myself on those roads. That's where I have been and still am for the most part. 

I was reminded of what I used to do the other day by a friend and she encouraged me to start writing again.  I saw a glimpse of my former self. While I am not the same person as I used to be I believe that I still have more to share.

Note: I wrote this about five years ago. I have been thinking a lot about blogging again and when I saw this draft I though it would be a good beginning. It would also explain where I have been.

Blessings,
Mrs. Smith 




 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Big Box Delivered Today!