Friday, September 17, 2021

Melaleuca Product Review... Mela Power Laundry Detergent

 

Melaleuca alternifolia, commonly known as tea tree, Wikipedia


Number One decided to support someone who is a distributer of Melaleuca products by purchasing Mela Power laundry detergent and I thought I would do my part by doing a product review on the blog.





If you are looking for a product that is safe for the environment this stuff is a powerhouse of safety. It must be better for us too, although it does not say so on the bottle. Do your research. 

My mom sent us this clothespin bag in a care package the other day. It is quite useful and full of clothespins.

It's made of strong canvass from an old bank bag. It will definitely hold up to our strong winds and harsh environment. I do not leave it outside. I hang it in the closet when I am finished with the laundry.  

I started with a mixed bag of laundry and I washed it in cold water. The bottle suggests it works best in the warmest water the clothing can handle. I use cold water to save energy and studies suggest it does not make a difference in the cleanliness of laundry. Now, that doesn't mean this detergent doesn't work better in warmer waters.

We use unscented everything. We do not like strong perfumes and just because it smells like roses that doesn't mean it's clean. Laundry soap is a great warning system for us, because we can smell people coming from a mile away. People use perfumed everything from laundry soap to deodorant. Who wants their armpits to smell like apricots? I digress...

It was a great day to hang out the laundry. It was warm and breezy.

Unmentionable's are blowing in the breeze... 


Overall, the clothes were clean and I was very satisfied. I will continue to observe the performance of this product and determine it's usefulness to our household. I must say that it is concentrated and I used a lot less than my normal detergent. The environment is better off and so is my septic. As far as cost, I will have to determine this overtime and take in all the considerations from the cost of disposing a larger bottle from my regular detergent to the cost differences between the two products. 

Mrs. Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment

Homemade Electrolyte Sports Drink Mix