Tuesday, November 9, 2021

Vegetarian Spaghetti Sauce - Garden Pasta - Meatless Meal Series


I did not take pictures of the cooking process. Sorry. This is a very simple sauce and any pasta can be used. Number One likes pasta shells and I do too. I made two types of pasta out of the same sautéed vegetables. One was made with a red sauce and the other was without the sauce. We really liked the Garden Pasta the best. I used a can of pasta sauce and dolled it up with spices or you can use your favorite homemade sauce. I was in a hurry, so I chose a canned sauce.

Vegetarian Pasta Sauce

1 can or jar pasta sauce

Chopped onions, mushrooms, kale, zucchini, peppers, carrots, garlic (Any vegetables you like can be used. Any amounts can be used. This is just what I had on hand)

1 Tbs Italian seasoning

Olive oil

Cooked pasta 

Salt and pepper to taste

Sauté chopped vegetables in olive oil until just tender with the Italian seasonings. Add pasta sauce and let simmer on low for 10 minutes. Season to taste. Pour over cooked pasta and serve with a salad and bread. 


Garden Pasta

Use the same vegetables and Italian seasonings sautéed in in olive oil. Pour over cooked pasta and sauté together about three minutes longer. Season to taste. Serve with a salad and bread.


Enjoy,

Mrs. Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment

Trick To Save Money At The Dentist...