Thursday, May 19, 2022

The Complete Jewish Study Bible... Review... Torah Class Bible Studies...

 




We received The Complete Jewish Study Bible that we purchased in the mail yesterday. I am so excited. I have been studying the Old Testament through Torah Class at torahclass.com . It is a Messiah (Christ) centered Bible study. They use The Complete Jewish Bible translation for their studies. I had access to the CJB online through biblegateway.com for free, but for years now I have wanted a Complete Jewish Study Bible in print. I really like the feel of holding a book in my hand, if possible. Call me old fashioned, it's okay. I also like writing with a pen on paper. I like pencils and journaling too. I know, I know, way out dated. 

I was able to find the Bible on sale at christianbook.com for 50% off and only $5.99 for shipping, so Number One gave me the go ahead for the purchase. He is excited about it too.

I had to set aside my studies of the Old Testament for a season. When I was ready to resume the study I couldn't locate my Torah Class journal  nor did I remember where I had left off, so I decided to survey the class instead to get reacquainted with the Old Testament until I found my journal. It was so enlightening that I just couldn't put it down. I completed the whole twelve hour course in just a few days. 


I started reading the introduction along with the instructions on how to use the Bible and the study part of the Bible last night. When they say "Complete" they mean complete. It is a powerful tool and so helpful in understanding the Word in the context in which it was written.








There are many more features in this study Bible that I am still discovering. I am looking forward to the blessed Sabbath, so I can spend more time discovering and resting in His Word...

Shalom,
Mrs. Smith













No comments:

Post a Comment

Homemade Electrolyte Sports Drink Mix