Wednesday, August 17, 2022

Creating A Quiet Space In Your Home...

We have a small home. It was hard to find a spot to have a quiet place and avoid distractions. I need it pretty quiet or I am totally distracted and unable to focus. I have built up my space over time. In my space I pray, read, study, journal, blog, write and work. I have Scriptures that I am memorizing hanging on the wall. My Bible, journal, books, studies and usually a cookbook that I am reading are on my table along with extra pens, pencils, stickies and paperclips. I also keep scrap paper for jotting down notes, ideas and reminders. Lip balm and tea are a must.



My little space has a window that I can look out over God's creation. It is well lit from the window and the  lamp. I have a bookcase and a table barrel at my fingertips for storage. My computer and printer are also close at hand. I sit on the couch next to the dog. She will not have it any other way. She needs to be close to me. She is nearly blind and deaf now. 

Just one of the views from my window.

Princess Abigail is my loyal sidekick.

A different day and a different view.

My little area is important to me. Every morning I sit and have my tea, pray and start my Bible studies from this quiet place. I check out current events, blogs and vlogs on the computer before Number One gets up. I can watch television from my space, but I rarely do. 

I encourage you to have a quiet place such as a prayer closet, a room, office or just a corner like mine for spending time with Yahweh in prayer, journaling, studying, planning, writing, reading or working. It is a blessing to me to have this space, but most importantly I am accessible to my loved ones at all times. This is not a hiding place. It is a gathering place for my thoughts and for anyone who walks by. 

Blessings,
Mrs. Smith


No comments:

Post a Comment

Homemade Electrolyte Sports Drink Mix