Friday, December 16, 2022

There's Nothing New Under The Sun...

What has been is what will be,
what has been done is what will be done,
and there is nothing new
under the sun.  Ecclesiastes 1:9

I woke up around 1 Am this morning and could not get back to sleep. I tossed and turned until I actually braved the cold morning and got out of bed. I put on all my cold weather PJs over the PJs that I actually wore to bed, and I immediately turned up the heat, that never went off last night. 

I do not like sleepless nights. Number One was also awake for some reason. We conversed on and off until almost daylight. Our conversations were groggy at best. Even the dog was restless. 

It could have been the wind that triggered all this sleeplessness. It started blowing about the time we woke up and it is still blowing with 30 + mph gusts. It was also cold with wind chills nearing -40. We are sitting at 21* degrees right now and a wind chill around -18*. We have exceeded our high today by 3* degrees.

Sunrise this morning...

It was chilly on the wall. It was not that cold in the house. The bedroom is a lot warmer at night because of the double-sided fireplace, so we keep it cool when we sleep.

My mom sent me these wonderful boots as a gift for my birthday. Super warm. Thank you, momma! 



Things To Be Happy About In Pictures:

Can you see our new buck?

There he is.



Another day, another visit. He is impressive.





It snowed about four inches a few weeks ago. 



We haven't had any more snow accumulate on the ground this year.

This is all the snow that is left. 


Shabbat Shalom,

Mrs. Smith


No comments:

Post a Comment

Azure Standard - May Order Preview