Wednesday, May 8, 2024

Met Gala or Hunger Games?

Have you seen the absurdity of the Met Gala event? I have and I have seen a few pictures from the event that left me wondering if they were scenes from The Hunger Games movies. It seems that eventually science fiction becomes reality in a sense. 

Statements like. "It took thousands of man hours to create" really drove home the disconnect between the rich or highly leveraged and the poor. I am not against wealth or the wealthy. It just really hit home when I realized how many people could have been fed or housed with the ridiculous amount of money that was spent. It reminds me of the decadence of the Roman Empire before it fell!






What is the point of all of this? I am so out of touch with this side world that I only recognized a few faces. Okay, to be fair I only watched for a few minutes before I was disgusted by the sheer idiocracy of the whole event. I'm sure that even more famous people pranced by the cameras when I stopped watching, but who were the others who were participating in this event? Did they cure cancer or dementia? Were they just uber wealthy people? Why are they so important that we need to care so much about their frivolous clothing? What about their character? 

The Met Gala is a fundraiser for the less fortunate, the starving and the homeless. NOT! It is a fundraiser for the benefit of the Metropolitan Museum of Art's Costume Institute in Manhattan. I kid you not. Changing the world one costume at a time.



"Let them eat cake" - Famous last words, I'm just saying...

Mrs. Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment

Copycat Wild Rice Blend Mix