Sunday, May 5, 2024

We have Lots of Apples - Azure Standard

I ordered a 27-pound box of organic Cosmic Crisp apples from Azure Standard this month. They are bursting with flavor. Sweet and tart at the same time. They are similar to Honey Crisp apples as far as their crispness, size and sweetness. Definitely a winner in my book.  I had hoped to preserve the apples by canning apple pie filling, making fruit leather and drying slices, but we like them so much we are just going to eat them raw, make deserts and maybe juice some of them. 


Every apple is perfect!

They are colossal in size and flavor!

I believe I paid $1.65 a pound. This is a great price for organic apples, let alone Cosmic Crisp apples. 

I don't think that we will order apples again until the new crops are harvested in the fall. These apples should last 2-3 months if they are kept in a cool and dark place. It is still in the 20's and 30's here at night, so we will store them in our storage room until the temperature rises above 59 degrees in the room during the day, then we will put them in our refrigerator. If I think we won't be able to use them all up before they go bad, I will make and can some apple pie filling to preserve what we can't finish. 


Stay safe,

Mrs. Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment

Copycat Wild Rice Blend Mix