Wednesday, September 18, 2024

It's Time for Flannel Sheets...

 

I appreciate the warmth of flannel sheets when it's cold. Buffalo check plaid
is one of my favorite prints. I have a red set too. 

Tonight

Tonight: Clear, with a low around 32. West southwest wind 8 to 13 mph becoming light west  after midnight. Winds could gust as high as 21 mph.

Low: 32 °F


It was 33* degrees this morning when I got out of bed and the house was a chilly 57* degrees. It's still only 59* degrees inside at noon, but a nice 65* degrees outside. I have been closely monitoring the lows for the last week or so. We have officially hit the freezing mark in the forecast which tells me that it is time to put flannel sheets and heavier blankets on our bed. It took me a bit to find the bedding that I didn't put away properly in the Spring. I add or switch out bedding like comforters, sheets and blankets at the beginning of each season. I failed to put the flannel sheets with the Winter bedding last year. Ugh!


It is sunny today, so I am washing the stored blankets to freshen them up before I put them on the bed. It is also time change out our emergency car kit to the Winter kit before we head out into the high country to view the Fall colors in the coming weeks. 


Last year on October 30th, it was (negative) -14.9 degrees when we got up in the morning. We will see what this year brings. Last Winter was pretty mild even though we saw that kind of temperature so early in the season. 

Even though there is much to do and prepare at the beginning of every season, I am excited and energized at the start of each one. Winter is still my favorite time of the year. The crisp freshness of new snow thrills my senses. I never tire of winter's fare, or its promise of a less hurried time of the year.


Stay safe, 

Mrs. Smith



No comments:

Post a Comment