Monday, January 9, 2012

Oatmeal Pancakes

Excuse my chicken scratch recipes....


These pancakes are really good and good for you. If you have a big work morning planned, this meal really powers you through it until lunch. When you soak grains ( beans and seeds) it causes an enzymatic reaction in the grains making them even better for you. (aids in digestion too)

Soak 1 cup of oats (we like rolled oats)
 in 1 cup of buttermilk overnight.
Add:
1 egg
1 tbs oil
1/4 cup flour
1 tbs sugar
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt


More chicken scratch. I use this recipe for buttermilk
or I use powdered buttermilk, since I do not use it
very often. It works for me, but I would not drink it.
   (I wouldn't drink any buttermilk, yuck!)




Mix well. Cook on greased griddle until golden brown on both sides. Serve with butter and syrup or with your favorite fruit preserves. Makes 8 medium pancakes.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Big Box Delivered Today!