Friday, November 26, 2021

Snow And Baking Day...

 

The snow started Wednesday.

It was heavy at times,

The sun was not to be found.

There are huge mountains out there. 

We woke up on Thanksgiving to clear skies, but it was (negative -5.4*) before I took this picture. It was 68* on Tuesday.

The forecast called for little or no accumulation. We ended up with three or four inches. We were thankful for the moisture.

Number One's only cookbook.

I made a large batch of dough on Wednesday. I'm thankful for my Kitchen Aid Mixer.
I made a Garlic Knot Cheese Pizza. 

Along with Number One's Thanksgiving Breakfast, Turkey In A Blanket.

I made two loaves of bread for turkey sandwiches with the rest of the dough.

We had the pizza for lunch.

Number One makes the best Baklava. It is a childhood favorite of mine. 

All I had to do is find a few items for him to use.


It has layers and layers of wonderful flavors.





Honey... 


The syrup is made from honey, sugar, water, orange peel and lemon juice. I used the candied orange peel in the sweet potatoes for Thanksgiving. In past years, I have dried the candied orange rind and used it in my hot tea. 


It is really really good. A masterpiece...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Homemade Electrolyte Sports Drink Mix