Sunday, April 3, 2022

Lodge 14" Cast Iron Wok...

Number One Bought me a present. I have wanted a Lodge cast iron wok for quite a while now and we finally found one in stock. I think that they make and 18" one, but the 14" is big enough. I can't imagine a larger wok fitting on my stove. 








I washed, dried and oiled it and now it is ready to go.

I decided that I would cook Chicken Lo Mein in my new wok as an easy first meal. We are still under construction here at the ranch, so it had to be quick and easy with very little clean up and it was. 

Sauté carrots, peppers, and celery in some oil until tender. Remove from the wok and set aside. 

Add more oil and throw in a heaping tablespoon of sugar, soy sauce, pepper flakes and sliced chicken. Sauté until chicken is cooked thoroughly. 

Add sliced onions, minced garlic and

broccoli. Cook until broccoli is tender.  

Add the vegetable mixture back into the chicken mixture.


Add cooked pasta.

Mix well.

Top with chopped green onions and serve.

The wok performed perfectly. I couldn't be happier with it. The pre-seasoned surface is awesome. Just like my Lodge bread pans. I just washed, dried and oiled it again when it cooled off. It's simple and easy to care for. I highly recommend the Lodge wok. 

Enjoy,
Mrs. Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment

Copycat Wild Rice Blend Mix