Tuesday, January 31, 2023

Meal Prep For Two - Freezer Meals - Day 2

 I have to do this over several days...

I love this Tramontina enameled Dutch oven, but it's time for a new one. It is still good for baking artisan bread in and popping popcorn. 

Today was a busy day. We cooked a large amount of ground beef most of which went into the freezer, made Swiss steak, pressed out hamburger patties for smash burgers, made homemade pizzas, breakfast, lunch, dinner, yogurt and made a fresh salad. I grated the cheese for the pizzas a couple days before, so that was a help. This was way too much for me to do in one day even though I had help. Ouch!



I used the broth from the ground beef plus homemade bone broth to make the gravy for the Swiss steak. 

I froze one-pound packages of ground beef.

I ended up with three pounds of cooked ground beef, but I have plans for one of them. I froze these two packages.

We made four-two serving meals of Swiss steak.

I added some ground beef to the extra gravy and served it over noodles for dinner.

Smash burger patties.

Preparing lunch in the middle of the chaos.


We had tacos for lunch.

Number One made smoothies for breakfast, and he had a bacon cheese biscuit from our meal preps on day 1. For lunch I put together a plate of tacos from our meal preps from earlier this morning. For dinner I boiled some noodles, added ground beef to the extra Swiss steak gravy I had left over from this afternoon's meal preps and poured it over the noodles. We had salad and garlic toast on the side. It was really good. 

Number One used up all the yogurt for smoothies at breakfast, so I started a batch of yogurt.

Homemade pizza sauce

Artisan pizza dough rising.

Two large vegetarian pizzas.

Pizza wrapped and ready to go into the freezer.

Even with assistance from Number One I have to do freezer meals over several days now. Ever since the wreck I just can't do what I used to do. Not even close. With that being said, I hope that you will bear with me and keep checking back for the next post in this series. 

Things To Be Happy About:

The glow from the fireplace that gives light to the house after we go to bed.

The hum of the blower on the fireplace that distributes the heat throughout the house.

A good day

Rest on the Sabbath

Cajun chicken sandwiches with all the fixings' 

A warm soft sweatshirt 

A farmhouse sink

Snow geese soaring above in tandem

Catching a Wahoo and the battle to reel it in

When someone does something thoughtful 

Expectations being fulfilled

Watching a good movie


Blessings, 

Mrs. Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment

Bible Gateway - Huge Bible Sale!