Thursday, March 2, 2023

Prepping Freezer Meals - Mom's Delicious Meatloaf Recipe...

 

Glaze is mis-spelled. 


My mom sent me a recipe for meatloaf. She claimed, "that it was the best meatloaf that she has ever had." I just had to make it. Since it was time for prepping our freezer meals, I added this recipe to the list. 


I prepared the meatloaf according to the directions, but I had to make Homemade Ketchup before I baked the meatloaf. I just put the prepared meatloaf in the fridge until I was ready to bake it.

Soaking the bread, milk eggs and spices.




While I was preparing the meatloaf, I was also roasting chicken breast and veggies, pressed out hamburger patties for burgers and Salisbury steak. I cut up and processed the extra vegetables to use in the meatloaf and in salads. 

We will get at least four meals from this roasted chicken breasts with vegetables and black-eyed peas.

Simple and delicious.


A welcomed meal. We were hungry. 

I put up an additional bag of ground chuck for another meatloaf, pressed out burgers, Salisbury steaks and froze everything to use later.

I also cooked up a batch of ground chuck to use in recipes at a later date.

Burgers

Simmering the Homemade Ketchup. Follow the link above for the recipe.

It snowed yesterday. We went for a walk. Those are our footprints.

This is the glaze. 

I like to bake my meatloaf in a cast iron skillet for the ultimate amount of crust.

The glaze is shimmering.

All done!

Viola! It is the best meatloaf. Mom, thanks for the recipe...

Things to be happy about:
Mom's Delicious Meatloaf Recipe
Men with beards
Ordering groceries online
Getting most of my order in before it's out of stock
Blogging 
Sharing
The smell of cedar
Calendars
Pumpkin pie candles 


Enjoy,
Mrs. Smith




No comments:

Post a Comment

Bible Gateway - Huge Bible Sale!