Tuesday, July 23, 2024

Food Fatigue is Real! 31 Days of Living Well and Spending Zero

Days 20-23

Food fatigue is real. It has been nearly 45 days since we have done any type of grocery shopping besides the few vegetables and milk that we picked up 20 days ago. I shop monthly, so it's not like our pantry was bare, however, we have had thoughts of running into town the last few days to pick up something fast and easy. Nothing is fast and easy when it is a two hour round trip to town and back. 

It's not that we don't have the ability to make delicious meals, it's just that we want something different. Something other than the usual fare. We have food fatigue. I have been eating popcorn with different spices for several days now because I want something salty. Number One Husband's cravings have been satisfied by eating toast with different toppings. 

We love Azure Standard products!

This is the best popcorn!


I think that I will try coconut oil next time.






I used cheddar cheese powder to
flavor the popcorn.

Big!

Stores well too.

I also have no desire to cook what we have on hand. I did put some frozen chicken enchiladas that I had in the freezer in the Sun Oven earlier, along with some black beans, rice and a can of Rotel as a side. They are taking longer to heat up due to the smoke from the Canadian wildfires blocking out the sun. I am hoping this meal will relive our desire for something new. 

Smokey!


This meal hit the spot!

We have eight more days left in this challenge. Even though we have had some unexpected expenses, we have not failed the pantry part of this challenge. We have had troubles with other portions of this challenge due to injuries, but we are completing each portion bit by bit. 

On a lighter note, I let Petunia out around 5 am this morning. I did not go out with her. She is feeling more secure, so she wants to be outside more frequently. I am still sleeping in the living room on an air mattress, so I just went back to bed after I let her out. Number One husband let Petunia back in when he got up and she was so excited that she jumped on top of me. It cracked me up. Her giant wet feet were searching for me under the covers. She buried her cold wet nose in the crook of my neck when she found me. What a great way to wake up! 

 

Mrs. Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment

Souptember - Nora's Hamburger Soup