Monday, September 2, 2024

Happy Labor Day - Jiffy Hamburger Buns

This is the last hoorah of the year. Most of the snowbirds are heading home after seeking cooler weather for the summer months. School is back in session and vacationers have gone home. We will still see the occasional ski junkie from Texas when ski season starts. If last year was any indication, we won't see many skiers or hunters this year due to the sheer cost of living these days. It's way too expensive. 

Ms. M gave me this wax warmer one year for my birthday. 

It's the perfect time of the year to enjoy it.

Miss you Ms. M!

I like the fall and winter months of solace from the outside world. The wind started blowing in the evenings about a week ago, this indicates a big change is on the way. The mornings are cooler already. It's like someone switched off the heat. I've already started planning for the colder months. Number One Husband already negotiated with the propane man and ordered a fill-up. It won't be long until we switch to using flannel sheets on the bed. Then we will add blankets and a comforter as the weather cools. Last but not least we will turn the heat on as a last resort to stay warm. We try to make it to November 1st before we fire up the furnace. I'm not sure if we will make it to that date. It was 59 degrees inside the house this morning.



I made a delicious London Fog tea this morning to warm me up. I put on a hoodie and wandered outside to feel the sun on my face and check the hummingbird feeder. We have one hummingbird left. She will be leaving in the next day or two. I need to put birdseed on my list to help the birds that winter over when the snow is deep.

Number One Husband grilled up some chicken and peppers for Angel Fire Burgers and I tried a new bun recipe from Homesteading with the Zimmermans on YouTube. Their information is below. I enjoy watching their channel and trying out their recipes. Check them out!






 Jiffy Hamburger Buns is a great title for these buns. They come together in a jiffy. 

I ended up making 14 larger buns instead of 18-24 smaller ones. This recipe
can be used to make slider buns too. 

Shalom,
Mrs. Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment