Monday, September 9, 2024

Pickle Chicken? Pickle Juice Marinade - Oh My!

Do Not Throw Pickle Juice Away!


I recently watched a video from Amamda Off-Grid I like to learn about her off-grid lifestyle in BC. She shared in her latest vlog that she marinates chicken in pickle juice. She actually buys pickles for the pickle juice. Well, this piqued my interest because I save pickle juice for pickling other foods like eggs or vegetables. I immediately pulled out some chicken thighs from the freezer to thaw overnight.

A sharp knife is a great tool.

I save the raw bones in the freezer until I 
am ready to make a big pot of stock.

I marinated the chicken for a couple hours in pickle juice
and black pepper.

I pan seared the marinated chicken thighs.

The aroma from the cooking chicken was 
absolutely amazing.

This is off the charts good. It can be grilled or fried. Please give it a try.

Thanks to Amanda Off-Grid for sharing this chicken recipe and sharing her off-grid lifestyle. Check her out by clicking on the link above. She is an amazing hard-working woman who lives by herself on an island in BC.

Enjoy!
Mrs. Smith





No comments:

Post a Comment

Sunset - Shabbat Shalom!