Wednesday, January 26, 2022

Kodiak Power Cakes - Product Review



I am doing a product review for Kodiak Power Cakes. This is a high protein flapjack & waffle mix. I am not a fan of store bought mixes, especially pancake mixes. They are expensive and full of additives, so when I found this one I just had to try it out. 

It was delivered a couple days ago, but I had just made a batch of my homemade oatmeal pancakes that we needed to finish up before trying this out. Number One finished the last oatmeal pancakes for breakfast yesterday along with some Copycat Jimmy Dean Beef Breakfast Sausage. (Blog Post Coming Soon) 

Checkout the ingredients. 


It comes with three 24 Oz bags for a total of 4.5 lbs.
This is great for maintaining freshness.

You can add more protein by adding milk and or eggs.
It is also a stand alone mix by adding water only.

I chose the water and egg method. I made a small batch this time. I usually make extra pancakes for freezing or to use for a quick breakfast throughout the week. Saves lots of time.

I chose the shaker method for mixing. It is a great way to store extra batter in the fridge if you don't want to cook it all at once. For those of you who buy pancake mix in a plastic shaker at the store using a jar is a great money saving method.

Shake! Shake! Shake! Put the dry mix on the bottom, so the dry mix doesn't stick to the lid and rim of the jar.

Heat up your favorite pancake pan with a little butter or oil.
I used my small griddle.

Pour your batter onto your heated griddle.

Turn as soon as you see bubbles.

Do the press test. Press your fingertip into the pancake, if it bounces back it is done.

These are light and fluffy. We ate them with a little melted butter right out of the pan. No syrup needed. They have great flavor.

This was the second batch. Number One finished them off with chocolate syrup.

I have to say that this is by far the best tasting and healthy store bought pancake mix that we have ever had. If you are looking for a healthier store bought alternative, this is it. We will be adding this to our grocery list for sure. 

Blessings,
Mrs. Smith
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Homemade Electrolyte Sports Drink Mix