Thursday, August 15, 2024

Greek Yogurt Turkish Flat Bread - Bazlama

I have been wanting to make a Turkish flat bread called Bazlama for a long time now. I usually think about it when I am out of yogurt. I made a fresh batch of yogurt yesterday, so I decided I would make the delicious flat bread before I used the yogurt for anything else. 

I used a recipe from here: Turkish Flat Bread . However, I watched several videos online to learn the technique before trying this recipe out. It is a simple recipe, but the videos helped a lot. I definitely suggest watching a few videos to get the basics down. Get ready, they will make you really hungry for this soft and tasty bread.  




Divided dough rolled into balls.

I used my griddle to cook two at a time.

I started rolling out the dough.


Time to flip.


Pile of rolled dough.

I buttered the tops and the
bottoms of the flat bread. 

There is a pocket inside that can be stuffed with
your favorite filling.

Serve with hummus or make a sandwich wrap
out of this soft and pliable bread.

Remember the chicken thigh bones?


Number One Husband is feeling under the weather, so I made a chicken barley soup out of the chicken thigh bones that I have been saving up to help boost his immune system. I cooked the bones in my electric pressure cooker along with a splash of vinegar to aid in drawing out the nutrients. I served the soup with the warm flat bread on the side. 

My small kitchen was a giant mess. I had a lot going on all at once. It's all cleaned up and I now have a big pot of soup with a nice stack of Turkish Flat bread. It was worth it!

Enjoy!

Mrs. Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment

Bible Gateway - Huge Bible Sale!